Limited warranty agreement for Contactum products
The warranty is subject to the conditions described below and subject to the attached conditions (‘Conditions limited warranty’). Contactum is not obliged to notify any Buyer, or future Buyer, after a certain date about any possible amendments or the non-applicability of this limited warranty regarding the supplied products (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Products’). The Warranty as described below is subject to the limits and other herein described conditions and is subject to the conditions as attached to this document (‘Conditions limited warranty’).
1. Warranty period
In compliance with the provisions of Conditions limited Contactum product comes with a warranty of 2 years from the date of manufacturing or 1 year from the date of invoicing, depending on which occurs first.
2. Special conditions
- The warranty only concerns products that are applied according to their ‘intended use’ or ‘normal use’, which means:
- Installed according to the installation manual, included in the packaging and available online on Contactum website, AND
- The conditions of use are consistent with the information on the Products and the packaging, AND
- The ambient temperature never exceeds the operating temperature range as given on the product sheet, for example -20°C to +30°C, AND
- The relative humidity never exceeds 80% RH, or never exceeds the IP code of the Product, if applicable, AND
- Products are not subject to more than the BS EN regulation
- The electrical installation in which the Product is used is not exposed to voltage fluctuations of more than +/- 10% of the network normal voltage.
- Malfunctions as a consequence of basic causes, including but not limited to improper wiring or installation or operation beyond the specified usage limits, are not covered by this Warranty, and this Warranty is void for and does not apply to this type of malfunctions as a consequence of basic causes.
- The Products have been purchased directly from Contactum or through is approved distributors network.
- Proof of Product purchase is available for inspection by Contactum.
Conditions Limited warranty
1. Limited warranty
Contactum warrants that every Product be free of defects in material and production errors. The above warranty is valid for the period as mentioned in the applicable warranty agreement for the Products mentioned in the sales agreement. When a Product does not function conform this warranty, Contactum will provide a free replacement of the defective product with due observance to the applicable warranty policy and the conditions of the limited warranty as described below.
- Contactum warranty applies only to the Buyer. If a Product under warranty is returned by Buyer in compliance with section 3 and within the applicable warranty period as described in the warranty agreement and after investigation Contactum decides with certainty that Product does not fulfil these requirements, Contactum will, at its choice, repair or replace the Product or its defective part, or refund the purchase price to the Buyer.
- For the sake of clarity,
- ‘repair or replace the Product or its defective part’ does not include removal- or installation work, costs or expenses which include but are not limited to labour costs or expenses.
- The warranty doesn’t take in account consequences, material and/or immaterial, following a defect of Contactum products.
- If Contactum decides to replace the product and this is not possible as it is no longer in production or available, Contactum can refund the Buyer or replace the Product with a comparable product (with possible minor deviations in design and product specifications).
- No agent, distributor, or dealer is authorized to modify, adapt, or extend these warranty conditions.
- This warranty only applies if the Product is wired and installed correctly and is used within the electrical values, operating range, and ambient conditions as indicated in the specifications, application guidelines, BS EN standards or other documents provided with the Product
- Contactum will facilitate the technical solution of problems.
- This warranty does not apply to damage or breach of contract as a consequence of force majeure or abuse, incorrect use, abnormal use, or use in violation of an applicable standard, code, or user instructions, which include but are not limited to, as set out in the most recent security industry- and/or electrical standards for the region(s) concerned.
- This warranty is void if any person has performed or applied repairs or adjustments to the Product, which Contactum has not duly authorized in writing. Contactum retains the right to take the final decision regarding the validity of a repair claim.
- If requested by Contactum, non-compliant or defective Products become property of Contactum after replacement.
3. Warranty claims
The mentioned warranty period is under the condition of access to the Product or system by a Contactum representative to verify possible non-conformance. Claims under warranty must be reported and returned to Contactum Quality Department within 30 days from the date of detection, as mentioned in the return form which can be found on the website www.contactum.co.uk and need to specify at least the following information (additional information can be requested):
- Details of the defective Products
- Installation date, invoice date
- Detailed problem description
- Photos (and videos if possible) of defective product.
When a warranty claim is justified, Contactum will pay for shipping expenses. Contactum can charge Client for returned Products that are found not to be defective or non-conforming, in addition to shipping, test, and handling costs associated therewith.
4. No implied or other warranties
- The warranties and remedies included in this warranty contain the only warranty given by Contactum with regard to the Products and are in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, which warranties are hereby rejected.
- If Contactum has repaired or replaced a Product no new warranty period will commence, but the remainder of the original warranty period will continue to apply.
- These conditions set out Contactum’s entire liability and obligation to Buyer and the sole and exclusive remedy of Buyer related to defective or non-conforming Products delivered to Buyer by Contactum, regardless whether this damage is based on a warranty not explicitly mentioned in these conditions, tort, contract, or other legal theory, even if Contactum has been advised or is aware of these defects.
5. Limitations and conditions
This is a limited warranty, which excludes, among others: installation, provide access to products (scaffolding, elevators, etc.) and special, incidental, and consequential damage (such as loss of revenue/profits, damage to property or other costs not previously mentioned), and is further defined by the limitations and conditions set out in the relevant warranty agreement and these conditions.
- Contactum representatives will be granted access to the defective Product, system, or application if requested, to verify possible non-conformance.
- Contactum shall not be liable for power supply conditions, which include voltage peaks, overvoltage/undervoltage, and ripple current control systems that exceed indicated product limits and limits as defined in the relevant delivery norms
- Contactum shall not be liable for expenses (whether or not by or of third parties) which have been made by Buyer without having notified Contactum of the defective Products and without Contactum written permission to make expenses.
Click HERE to submit a warranty claim.