Working with our distribution partners, the Distributor Sales Manager will be expected to generate increased demand for the full portfolio of products through the Distributor Partners local and regional contacts. Supporting the Distributor partners sales teams and engaging with Electrical Contractors to maximise sales potential
The role is externally based and will involve a significant amount of travel within a designated area, meeting with the customer / distributor network to discuss business opportunities & develop proposals that deliver sustainable, long term profitable sales growth.
- Consistently achieve and exceed annual business plan for the area in terms of revenue growth, call rates and pipeline generation.
- Enhance relationships with existing customers & distributors in order to maximise sales and retention.
- Pro-active management and development of distributor base to ensure they are adding value to our offer, working within the guidelines of the distribution policy and that the right long term partners are in place.
- Identify and develop new opportunities to build a pipeline of business that you can translate into a healthy conversion rate.
- This will include preparing and providing product and project quotations for standard products
- Conducting and managing Trade events at branch and regional level
- Conducting and managing product training to the Distributor staff to ensure awareness of Contactum’s product range and benefits
- Ensure the Distributor partner as sufficient marketing and POS to enable improved marketing presence
- Ensure the Distributor partner as up to date commercials including pricing, bulk rates and rebates.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge base of competitor and marketplace activity.
- Providing intelligence and feedback to head office where appropriate.
- Energetic and pro-active sales professional is sought with a genuine desire to make a real difference.
- Technical sales background, with experience of selling Wiring Accessories / Circuit Protection products.
- Ideally you will have tangible 5 years experience of generating demand via the Distributor channel, and preferably working experience dealing with contractors.
- Balancing the demand creation with successfully managing and developing a defined distributor network.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with ability to positively influence stakeholders.
- You must have strong territory planning skills and the ability to establish prospects quickly
- You can demonstrate a track record of consistently exceeding sales targets.
- A high level of General IT literacy, especially Microsoft tools with CRM experience desirable
- A “ can do “ attitude and excellent people skills are paramount in the role